A Spark that Flamed a New Beginning
Founded in Detroit, MI. in 1930 by Elder and Sister Venable, Progressive Pentecostal Mission had a vision to win souls for Christ. After withstanding a relocation to Chicago, IL. and remaining firm under the leadership of the original founders, followed by Elder James Graham, Sr., then Elder James Graham, Jr., the small church met one of its greatest adversities to date in the form of a fire which destroyed the place of worship in 1968.